Commercial and Industrial Concrete Floor Epoxy Coatings
Selecting the best concrete flooring solution for your facility is easy. Specialty Coatings has a wide variety of concrete floor epoxy coatings for commercial and industrial floors. Our resinous and troweled mortar floors are designed to endure tough environments. Headquartered in Nashville, TN, Specialty Coatings has been in business since 1995. Our experience and expertise is unmatched.
Benefits of Epoxy Flooring Systems
Epoxy floors have exceptional durability and value. They are resistant to chemicals, abrasion, and impact. They are also slip resistant and easy to clean. Because epoxy floors are seamless, they are very sanitary. What’s more, they also can be very decorative. Epoxy finishes can be different colors and also include flakes of different colors.
Our Typical Clients
As a generality, we can say our clients are in the commercial or industrial categories. But to be more specific, any of the following could benefit from epoxy flooring:
- Airplane hangars, firehouses, and automotive showrooms
- Food and beverage processing plants
- Bottling and canning plants
- Medical and veterinary facilities
- Restaurants and hotels
- Schools and colleges
- Shipping areas and loading docks
- Correctional facilities
Quartz flooring systems (utilizing epoxies, urethanes and quartz sand) are a desirable option for commercial kitchens, research labs, manufacturing, restrooms and a number of other applications.
Specialty Coatings Serves the Southeast with Concrete Floor Epoxy Coatings
If you need floor coatings, Specialty Coatings has the experience and the expertise to give you the best results possible. Our floor coatings have long life cycles because of their excellent protection from daily wear-and-tear or heavy usage. We can customize our flooring systems to fit the needs of your unique facility. Our services also can include shot blasting and concrete surface prep if you need it. Get in touch with us to learn more about our services or to schedule a free quote.
Installing Epoxy Flooring in Educational Institutions
Schools and colleges need flooring that can meet many different needs because they have many different types of rooms. These may include classrooms, hallways, dorm rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, chemistry labs, and mechanical rooms. Specialty Coatings is experienced in installing epoxy flooring in educational institutions to meet the needs of all these rooms and more.
Flooring for Primary Schools
Primary students are often messy and hard on flooring. Besides the many bright colors epoxy installations can provide, there are many other features that make it desirable. It’s easy to clean, durable, and skid resistant. Additionally, installing epoxy flooring in restrooms is a much-needed health benefit because it helps control pathogens.
Flooring for Colleges
There are many diverse areas in colleges where the benefits of epoxy flooring, especially quartz flooring, are numerous.
- Chemistry labs. When liquid or chemical spills happen in a lab, our epoxy flooring will prevent damage that could pose a safety risk.
- Research facilities. Electronic storage and medical research require specific needs that our flooring can provide. It is durable and you can clean it easily.
- Food areas and sports arenas. Because these areas receive lots of foot traffic, they present challenges that our special coatings can provide.
Specialty Coatings Is the Expert in Installing Epoxy Flooring in Educational Institutions
After many years, schools begin to show their age. Specialty Coatings, in business since 1995, can upgrade your flooring, which is easier on your budget than replacement.
Even flooring that has a great deal of damage can be refurbished to a finish that is environmentally safe and attractive. New options are available that will make your flooring look more modern and cleaner. There are many vibrant colors to choose from, and we can even add school logos. So, give us a call today for more information or a quote.
Industrial vs Commercial Epoxy Flooring
In our most recent blogs, we have been featuring Nashville epoxy flooring for industrial uses. In this blog, we’re going to discuss industrial vs commercial epoxy flooring. First, however, you should know that whether it’s industrial or commercial, you get a seamless, non-porous surface that is durable, easy to maintain, and long-lasting. The most trusted name in epoxy flooring in Middle Tennessee is Specialty Coatings.
Request a Quote on Epoxy Flooring
Specialty Coatings has been providing epoxy floor coating solutions since 1995. From diamond grinding to top coating, we do it all. See some of the floor coating projects we’ve done, and you’ll be assured of our expertise.
The Biggest Difference in Industrial and Commercial Is Aesthetics
Industrial floors are more utilitarian in nature. For example, an industrial floor usually needs to be a color that reflects more light, creating a better working environment.
But a restaurant that wants to project an intimate atmosphere might want a darker color floor. Or it might use metallic epoxy for an unparalleled, shiny, high gloss surface.
Preparation for Industrial vs Commercial Epoxy Flooring
The method for preparing an industrial or commercial concrete floor for epoxy is the same. Diamond grinding is the first step. This step opens up the surface of the concrete so the primer will be absorbed. Then, if there are any holes or cracks, these must be repaired.
Applying the Epoxy and Urethane
After the primer, comes the epoxy coating, where all the aesthetic design elements come in. Color, flakes, stencils, logo designs, and directional guides can create bold, unique visuals.
The last step is the topcoat. Urethanes are ideal for this. They are UV stable, so no yellowing over time. Additionally, they have up to three times better abrasion resistance than epoxy.
Installing Medical Grade Epoxy Flooring
Medical grade epoxy flooring is the type flooring that facilities in the healthcare industry use. It comes in a range of colors and patterns to meet the needs of the facilities.
When choosing flooring for a healthcare facility, it’s important to select the right kind. The flooring system in a healthcare facility needs to meet compliance and safety standards. Choosing the wrong type of flooring could result in fines or even legal action.
Moreover, patients and healthcare workers depend on the safety and the hygiene of the floors. So, choosing medical grade epoxy for floors makes floors both safe and hygienic. Additionally, epoxy floors provide more comfort for workers who may spend 12 hours a day on their feet.
Why Medical Grade Epoxy Flooring Is Ideal for Healthcare Facilities
Floors in healthcare facilities should have the following features:
- a seamless, non-porous surface
- easy cleaning and sanitizing
- easy maintaintenance
- durability and longevity
- the ability to withstand heavy traffic and usage
- high resistance to solvents, chemicals, and disinfectants
Medical grade epoxy provides all these features. It also inhibits the spread of pathogens and the growth of micro-organisms. Since it is the strongest of the flooring systems, it can support heavy equipment and machinery without cracking. It can also support the traffic of wheeled devises and machinery. Additionally, frequent cleaning with disinfectants does not harm the floor either.
Healthcare Facilities that Would Benefit from Medical Grade Epoxy
In Nashville, the following healthcare facilities install epoxy flooring systems that use medical grade epoxy:
- Dental and Doctor’s Offices
- Emergency Rooms, Hospitals, and Clinics
- Medical Laboratories
- Surgical Rooms
Nashville Healthcare Facilities Depend on Specialty Coatings
For their flooring needs, Nashville healthcare facilities call on Special Coatings for medical grade epoxy coatings. Our professionals can show you the benefits of epoxy flooring and other finishes that might be suited to your particular industry.
What’s the Best Food & Beverage Facility Flooring?
Every element in a facility for producing foods or beverages must contribute to the facility’s sanitary state and safety. That includes the equipment as well as the structure of the facility itself. The right flooring solution is a key element in safeguarding the integrity of your products. It also provides safety for your workers. So what is the best food & beverage facility flooring?
The short answer is a floor with an epoxy coating is ideal. But let’s look at why that is true.
What Characteristics Are Needed for Food & Beverage Facility Flooring?
Four characteristics of epoxy floor coating make it ideal for the food and beverage industry:
Epoxy is a strong flooring material that is able to hold up under plenty of foot traffic as well as vehicle traffic. It is strong enough to support large machinery like forklifts. A floor that can stand up to wear means less time spent on repairs that can cause operational bottlenecks.
- Non-slip Property
In the food and beverage industry, spills and run-off are inevitable. Even though epoxy looks slick and shiny, it’s really extremely slip-proof, even when wet. This means fewer accidents.
Flooring is very important in maintaining hygiene in a food and beverage facility. We’re not talking about cleaning the floors themselves here. We’re talking about the floor not harboring any microbial life or other contaminants that are spilled or run off on the floor. The smooth surface of epoxy is already inhospitable to most microorganisms. But it is also possible to reinforce the protective barrier by adding formulations with extra antibiotic properties.
- Easy Cleanup
When there are spills and run-off, the single, smooth, wall-to-wall surface of an epoxy floor makes cleanup and sanitization easier. Additionally, epoxy floors can withstand intense cleansers.
Specialty Coatings Is the Trusted Name in Nashville Commercial and Industrial Flooring
Specialty Coatings,Inc., the industrial flooring experts in Nashville, has been in business almost 30 years. We have vast experience and expertise in engineering and installing flawless urethane and epoxy floors. Contact us for more information today.
The Epoxy Floor Coatings Nashville Fire Stations Choose
For over 20 years, Specialty Coatings has been a leader in the Southeast for floor coatings. So, if you are searching the web for “epoxy floor coatings Nashville” for your fire station, look no farther. We have vast experience in fire station flooring. The daily operations of a fire station depend on the right flooring. Epoxy-coated flooring is the answer to their flooring needs.
Basic Needs for Fire House Flooring
There are many different areas in a fire house that need flooring that will allow firemen to function efficiently. From the bay areas to the residential areas, epoxy floor coatings help the station to run smoothly. An additional benefit is the quick-curing option with epoxy -coated flooring. This allows the station to continue operating with few interruptions when the floor is installed.
Benefits of Epoxy-Coated Fire Station Flooring
The many daily activities in a fire station require floors that will last, are easy to clean, and are safe.
- Bay areas require flooring that can handle heavy fire trucks as well as the foot traffic from the fire fighters. Specialty Coatings epoxy coatings provide the toughness and longevity that fire stations need in their flooring.
- Epoxy-coated flooring can withstand chemicals and other cleaning agents. This makes cleaning the bay areas easier. It also helps the fire fighters to keep their living spaces clean.
- Our epoxy floor covering has a slip-resistant aspect that makes it safer as fighters respond to alarms.
Specialty Coatings – Your Go-to Installer for Epoxy Floor Coatings Nashville
Specialty Coatings applies the epoxy floor coatings Nashville fire stations choose the most. However, our product is not just for firehouses. If you or your company are interested in the many benefits of epoxy-coated flooring, contact us. Learn more about our services and typical epoxy floor coating applications.
Consider Commercial Concrete Floor Coatings for Your New Business
Are you in the planning phase of opening a new business? If so, we know you have a lot to think about and a lot of decisions to make. We’d like to make your flooring decision easier for you if your location has a concrete floor. Consider one of our concrete floor coatings instead of a floor covering. Your flooring is a major investment and it’s important to choose wisely. You don’t want something is hard to keep clean and has to be replaced every few years.
Benefits of Commercial Concrete Floor Coatings
All over the country, business owners are choosing concrete floors for their warehouses, office buildings, and retail spaces. And they are choosing coatings for their concrete floors over other carpeting, tile, and other floor coverings. New business owners choose concrete coatings because they:
- are durable and will look good for years
- improve safety with a slip-resistant finish
- are resistant to exposure to potent chemicals
- will withstand heavy foot traffic as well as heavy equipment traffic
- are easy to clean and sanitize, which has become so important with the COVID-19 outbreak
- can have a very sleek and upscale appearance for high-end spaces
- are customizable and available in a variety of colors
Ready to Get Started?
For the ultimate commercial concrete floor, there’s no better choice than floor coatings from Specialty Coatings. For more information, give us a call today at 615-591-9491, or use our online form to request a quote.
With over 25 years of experience, we can help you choose the right coatings for your unique needs. We offer epoxy coating, urethane, troweled mortar, and quartz flooring. Specialty Coating is the trusted name in concrete floor coatings in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We also offer concrete polishing and staining services.
5 Questions about Your Industrial Floor Coating Needs
Specialty Coatings, Inc. has been in the commercial and industrial floor coating industry for more than 26 years. During those years, we gained valuable experience with various types of coatings, polishing and resurfacing. So, when you need industrial floor coating in Nashville or surrounding areas, you can trust Specialty Coatings.
The Best Industrial Floor Coating Solution for You
Our experience tells us that “one size does not fit all.” Each business we work with has specific requirements for their flooring. So, if you contact us about an industrial floor coating, we will need to ask you these questions:
- What kind of business is it?
This is our starting point since the kind of business will likely define how the floor is used.
- What kind of traffic will the floor get?
How much foot traffic do you get per day and will the floor need to stand up to heavy machines like forklifts?
- Will the floor be exposed to any chemicals or special environments?
Is the floor in an area that has extreme temperatures or where caustic chemicals are in use?
- What are the flooring regulations that govern your industry?
Although we are familiar with many state and federal regulations as they pertain to industrial flooring, we like to get the details from the client. This ensures all requirements are met.
- What maintenance or repair issues do you have with the current floor?
If the coating is for a floor that needs refinishing, it helps us to know what the issues are. We can recommend a coating that can reduce or prevent those maintenance issues.
Contact Specialty Coatings for Your Industrial Flooring Needs
To learn what we can do for your floors, give us a call at 615.591.9491. We will be happy to give you a quote for the best industrial floor coating for your industry or business. Specialty Coatings offers the best concrete floor finishing and epoxy flooring Nashville has to offer.
Epoxy Coatings – Inside and Out
An epoxy coating on concrete floors or exterior concrete provide a high-performance, smooth, and durable surface. The coating can withstand heavy loads and last many years. Commercial buildings and industrial sites, such as warehouses, rely on epoxy floors. They provide clean and safe conditions for workers, equipment, and inventory. Applying epoxy coatings to patios, sidewalks, and other exterior concrete surfaces is also currently a popular trend.
The Advantages of Epoxy Floor Coating
Finishing concrete floors with epoxy coatings offers many advantages over other traditional coatings. Listed here are just a few of those advantages:
- The shiny high-gloss surface can significantly increase the brightness of interior areas.
- It’s easy to clean.
- Epoxy resists oil stains and water.
- Anti-slip additives offer enhanced safety.
- The coating protects the underlying concrete from wear and tear.
- Epoxy provides a chemically resistant surface that is ideal for manufacturing plants.
- It offers enhanced safety when the surface contains anti-slip additives
- Epoxy requires little or no major maintenance
Specialty Coatings Is a Leading Concrete Floor Coating Contractor
What makes Specialty Coatings a leader in concrete floor coating boils down to four things:
- Volume – We typically complete around 400 floor projects a year.
- Skill – We are able to perform difficult or unique projects with highly specialized needs.
- Experience – We have over 25 years in business. Multiply that by the large number of projects we do yearly, and you know we’ve seen and done it all.
- Trust – Our clients know and trust us to meet deadlines on-time and on-budget. We prove we can do this every day.
To sum it up, we provide the best epoxy flooring Nashville has to offer.
No Job Too Large or Too Small
We perform a wide variety of projects from several hundred thousand square feet to residential garage floors. Whether it’s new construction or a renovation, you can be assured Specialty Coatings can provide the coating solution for your need. Call us for a quote today.
Think of Your Floors as an Investment
- An investment in the safe working conditions for your employees and customers. By adding non-skid surfaces to your floors, you are insuring that you have made the effort to prevent slip and fall accidents affecting your employees and customers. Whether it be a factory floor, food service environment, or wet and oily in any environment, a non-skid surface provides a safe surface to walk on.
- An investment in better working conditions and productivity by providing a bright new surface for your employees to work on. The better light reflection that a new floor provides is significant. New floors can include safety lines to identify safe walking zones in facilities, and also provide organizational benefits in busy facilities.
- An investment in the value of your facility. If you are bringing important customers through your facility, a first impression can be very important. A new floor is the perfect way to project the image of a modern, up-to-date facility.
- An investment in the protection of your expensive concrete slab. An epoxy flooring or urethane mortar floor can and will protect concrete floors from damage and wear and tear caused by heavy fork truck traffic, harsh chemicals, battery acid, and thermal shock.
When it’s time to consider a new floor, we hope that you will consider Nashville epoxy flooring contractors Specialty Coatings, Inc. We provide service throughout the state of Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, and surrounding states. Our references include several major automotive manufacturers and suppliers, car dealers, food service companies of all types, retail, and pharmaceutical companies. We would be happy to provide you with contact info for references.
Please don’t hesitate to call for an evaluation of your flooring needs. We would be happy to provide you with an estimate. Thank you for considering Specialty Coatings, Inc.